Brainblitz
Tuesday, November 16, 2004
 
I think I’ve figured out how they came up with the phrase “underdog” for losers. It’s because that’s what those dumb little ankle-biting dogs are that are always underfoot. They’re losers. And like typical underdogs, they get inordinate amounts of sympathy which they don’t deserve. But then there are those of us who think of them as they really are -- annoying pipsqueaks that go about feigning to be guard dogs or something else they can never be. Hopeless failures that will never be good enough to be real dogs.

Harsh. I know. But then I also know what it feels like to be little, to be an underdog, a loser, a failure, to try to be something better than I am. It sucks. I don’t know, however, what it’s like to bite ankles. :) And I don’t know what it’s like to get inordinate amounts of sympathy. I must not have the right face.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Right here is where it's at. (j/k of course :P) Description? Anything. From bizarre to blatant to bombastic to plain boring. Dead serious or live humor. A good mental workout, or just a spillway for my mind.

LINKS
Flying Muskrat
Kumquats
Primrosezania
Pieces of Me